Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Lewistown trip #1

So Nate and I returned from Lewistown Sunday evening. It was a fun and busy week. My main job was to make sure Mom wasn't over doing it (it was a hard job). I kept having to say things like "I can get that, Mom", and "Are you sure you should be carrying that?" and "When was the last time you laid down?" and she usually took my hints. I feel like the week flew by so fast that I didn't get as much done for her as I had hoped, but she was satisfied so I guess thats all that matters. We leave on Friday for Lewistown again for my cousin's wedding on Saturday, and a familly reunion on Sunday. Then Derrick will head home again to work a few days and Nate and I will stay there (Merilee and Geoff and kids will be there!) Then we have another family reunion the following Saturday. Lots of family...I'm so excited! I'm sure I'll have lots of pictures to post when I get back but here are a few from this last week. Mylo (my brother Jeff's daughter) had such a fun time with Nate. It was sweet to watch their interactions.




Mylo slowly giving Nate a ride





Nate's first taste of licorice...thanks to Grandma






Brush those teeth!

(I placed this picture after the licorice picture in case
anyone was worried about his teeth...
okay, maybe it was just me:)





Storytime with Papa

2 comments:

alan & krysten said...

I bet Nate had a fun time with his grandparents. My Mom recently had the same type of thing done and it took her a very long time to get better. She was really bummed. I couldn't stay over there to help as much as I wanted to. It's great that you can help. What a blessing to her. And you know our Moms, they go right back to trying to do everything and lifting heavy things :)

Cheryl Licht said...

The kids are sooo cute! Oh my goodness. I'm sorry your mom had to have surgery -- but I'm glad you and Nate get the chance to be around there some. :-)