I would like to wish a "Happy Mother's Day" to a few special people:
First, to my mom: I hope you have an extra blessed day and know that we love you and are thinking of you. I was thinking back to the Mother's days we spent together while I was at home. Every year we had the good ol' piano recital. Hopefully that was special for you...we didn't really have a choice (I'm sure I would have much rather stayed home:) I also remember giving you jellybeans a few years in a row...and I remember some family drives in the country... whatever we did it was always fun to have a day to celebrate you.
Second, to my sister. I am more than happy to wish you a "Happy Mother's Day!" I always looked forward to the day (I know you did, too) that you could be celebrated as a mommy. And now, a mommy of two!?! God has truly blessed you with two precious, beautiful children. I know you are doing a wonderful job and am proud of you. I love you and can't wait for the next time to get the cousins together.
Thirdly, to my precious grandmothers, Maxine and Betty. I love you both and thank God for choosing me to be your granddaughter. You are both so sweet and fun and wonderful to talk with. Thank you for being godly examples for us grandchildren to look up to.
Fourth, my mother in law. Thank you for accepting me into your family; I wouldn't have wanted to join anyone else's. I wish that we lived closer so I could get to know you better but I am thankful for each time we get to share with you and look forward to the next. Thank you for all the hard work you put into your son to help shape him into who he is today.
Fifth, to my sweet girlfriends. I think most of us are mommies now or are going to be in a short time. I love each one of you and miss you all so much. I only dream of one day getting our kids together to play while we catch up over a latte.
Lastly, to the rest of you: aunts, cousins, sister-in-laws... You are all a very special part of my life and I thank God for each of you as well. May God bless you today.
Love,
Erica
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment