Monday, February 23, 2009

He gives and takes away...blessed be the name of the LORD.

Today was supposed to be a very exciting day. The day was finally here to go to the Dr. for my first prenatal visit for our second child! I had been waiting for this day for weeks! I couldn't wait to hear the little heart beat and see the little one forming inside of me on the ultrasound screen. I was going to waste no time getting home so I could announce it to the world (well, at least to my fellow bloggers and facebookers) that we were expecting!! But, God had different plans this go around. Last Saturday I had some light spotting. I called the Dr. Monday morning and they assured me that although it was not something to take lightly, it was probably nothing to be concerned about. Unfortunately, by Tuesday evening it was getting worse and by Wednesday I knew I was losing the battle I did not want to fight. Having a miscarriage is never something that you think is going to happen to you so it was very unexpected. It has been a difficult week, a disappointing one... But I continue to raise my eyes to the Lord where He gives me comfort and hope. Hope of another life to come.
So, today is a bittersweet day. I am grieving the loss of my sweet child but looking forward with hope of another to fill my arms very soon. The Lord does not take something from our hands without filling it with something better. I'm hanging on to that!

5 comments:

alan & krysten said...

oh sweet Erica, I knew by your title it may not be good news. You have experienced my great fear for weeks at the beginning of each of my pregnancies. I am so sorry.
You know God has a special plan for you and there is nothing He cannot help you through. My heart hurts for you today. Thank you for sharing wish I could give you a hug, Nate probably gives you lots:) love you~K

Karalee said...

My heart hurts for you my dear cousin and I'm praying for you! Keep trusting HIM as I know you are. I love you and am sending you a hug to span the miles between us!

The Kellers said...

Love you Erica! Praying hard for you. I read these verses this morning and now know that they are for you..."I do not hide your righteousness in my heart; I speak of your faithfulness and salvation. I do not conceal your love and truth from the great assembly." Psalm 40:10
What a beautiful witness you are to our Compassionate Father!

Cheryl Licht said...

Oh Erica, I'm so sorry! I wish miscarriages didn't happen to anyone, and especially my friends and family. What a loss, and what a hard six months this has been for you. I'm sorry you've had to learn the depth of the meaning of Matt Redman's song.

I pray you can grieve, some more. And then I pray you are abundantly blessed in the next six months.

Love you Erica (and your family),
Cheryl

Kevin and Rachel said...

My dear Erica, I'm so sorry for your loss. I cannot imagine the heartache, but praise to God for giving us hope and for being our Healer! There is much truth in your steadfast hope in God's goodness and purpose. Hold on to Him with every fiber of your being, and you will not be disappointed. Let Him be your refuge.

Psalm 62:7-8
"My salvation and my honor depend on God; he is my mighty rock, my refuge.
"Trust in him at all times, O people; pour out your hearts to him, for God is our refuge.
Selah"

You will be in our prayers, dear friend.

Rachel