Thought I'd share a bit about our trip to WV. We flew from Casper to Washington DC on the 22nd. Derrick's mom, Cindy, and Dave picked us up at the airport. Nate did really well on the trip...it was a long day! The dvd player was a life-saver for us. It was nice to pop in a movie whenever he was getting restless. I think we only needed it once though...or maybe twice. We spent all day Sunday relaxing at Cindy's house in Moorefield and then headed down to Summersville to visit Eric and Tonya and kids on Monday. Nate had a blast with his cousins or atleast with their toys. He was in heaven! Tuesday the guys and Cindy watched the kids so Tonya and I could go shopping in Charleston. It was so much fun! I actually got a bit of Christmas shopping done. That was the highlight of the trip for me. The rest of the week we took care of kids and just had fun being together. We all made the three hour drive back to Cindy's on Thursday to spend Thanksgiving at her house. She had a feast for us! It was wonderful. Friday Derrick's aunt Pam and cousins Tyler and Lindsey came over. It was nice to see them. Our time in WV flew by...its never long enough. Saturday we didn't fly out till 5:30 pm east coast time so didn't get home to WY till 1:30 am. Another long day!! The next morning Nate woke up with a high fever. Thankfully it only last 2 days; not sure what that was all about.
Now we are settled back in and getting ready for Christmas. I got my house and tree all decorated this week. I looks so nice! I love Christmas! We are having my mom and dad for Christmas which will be fun. It will be the first time we have had Christmas at our house! Then the 26th we will all head up to eastern MT for my cousin Talina's wedding on the 27th. (I get to be a bridesmaid!!) After her wedding I think we will keep going on to Lewistown for a few days. So it should good... it definitely will be different this year without Jeff. It's bittersweet. He will definitely will be missed this holiday season. I can't help but wonder what Christmas celebration he will be experiencing in heaven. Surely they celebrate Jesus' birth in heaven, don't you think? :)
Anyway... here are a few pictures from our Thanksgiving. I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving. I love you all and am thankful for each one of you!
We had a little "photo shoot" one day hoping for a
nice picture for Christmas...

Three little monkeys jumping on the bed...

Nate loves his Grammy!

Derrick, Tyler, and Eric watching football
Sweet Logan
Eric cutting up the prime rib.
Wow, it was good!

Nate enjoying his Thanksgiving dinner
Yum!
Derrick and niece, Caroline
She is 3 months younger than Nate
3 comments:
Yeah, thanks for sharing your Thanksgiving with us! I love all the pics! Such cute kids. Isn't it great being with family?!!! I'm glad you had a good time there and could go shopping. :-) Happy Christmas time, now.
I think Nate looks a tiny bit like Kate in the pic where he is kissing his grammy. :o)
What fun! :)
Rachel
Post a Comment