church he insists on playing the drums up front.
Lately we have been the last ones to leave as he doesn't want to quit.
So... he was delighted when he got a drum set from Papa and Gramma Moring.

Nate got a real kick out of Elmo!Christmas Eve...
Wow, has it really been that long since I posted last? I guess December came and it all got a little crazy. We had a wonderful Christmas. My parents came down to Buffalo the 23rd to spend Christmas Eve and Christmas Day with us. It was so fun to have them and to spend our first Christmas in our home! Christmas Eve I made a yummy clam chowder and we attended the candlelight service at our church. I decided this year would be different from any other Christmas. I was really desiring a change and I'm not sure if it is my reaction to Jeff's death or to the fact that I was "hosting" Christmas and wanted to start a few traditions of my own. So I decided that we would only open a few gifts Christmas Eve and wait on the rest till morning. Also rather than the usual turkey or ham I did prime rib. It was so good!! I think we will definitely have to keep that as a new tradition! Our day actually wasn't that relaxing since after gifts and dinner we had to start laundry and packing to leave the next day for Talina's wedding. We woke up the next day to strong winds and snow! Not ideal for traveling. It was a stressful 6 hour drive to eastern MT. The Lord was gracious to give us safe travel as we saw a number of vehicles stuck in the ditch. Talina's wedding was beautiful and she was absolutely gorgeous!! She could not have looked any better! It was wonderful to spend time with relatives and to catch up with Rachelle (Talina's best friend from Multnomah and now sister-in-law) and to meet the rest of her family. We had a fun family get-together at my aunt and uncle's in Glendive before heading home Sunday afternoon.
Derrick and I have been fighting a bad cold ever since we got home so this week has turned out quite differently than we imagined. Oh well. It has been very relaxing! As usual our vacation went way too fast and I am not ready to take down all of our Christmas decorations! Its always such a letdown when its all over.
I do hope that all of you had a wonderful Christmas and have a Happy New Year!
I do hope that all of you had a wonderful Christmas and have a Happy New Year!


4 comments:
Erica, thanks for all the pics! Indeed, Nate does look like a little man! He is so cute, and gave me a chuckle. I'm glad you had good Christmas --- I was thinking about you guys, how different and hard it must've been without Jeff. And I agree about the let down. I HATE January, I struggle every year, I think the dark in Alaska doesn't help any. This year it's worse, cause it's been -25* for about a week, my sister is going back to Australia, my parents are going to Africa and Jordan for 5 weeks and my other best friend is in New Zealand for a month. Next year come January, I'm going somewhere warm too! (Fingers crossed).
Anyhow, thanks for all the pics and news -- can we see pictures of Talina's wedding?
Love ya,
Cheryl
PS, I love your hair color and cut! It looks fab!
PS Sorry Erica, I'm logged in as my mom, this is really Cheryl Licht. :-)
I was wondering why your mom would want to see pictures of Talina's wedding. :)
I'll get some posted here in a bit.
Another little musician, huh? Maybe Nate and Brayden can start a little band! :)
I didn't know Talina was marrying Rachelle's brother. That's cool! I'm glad you had safe travels and a great time with family. :)
Rachel
Post a Comment